Meet the Crew: Anna Osborn, Taproom Server, Two-month Crew Member
2. What’s the proudest you’ve ever been of a family member, friend, or loved one?
I can’t choose just one! I’m proud of my mom for her resiliency – she raised three hellions as a single mom, battling lung diseases along the way; I’m proud of my dad’s courage for getting sober; I’m proud of my sister’s brilliant mind and commitment to serving others; I’m proud of my brother’s adventurous soul and the thrill he gets from the unknown.
3. Would you rather walk over quick sand or walk over hot coals?
Walk across hot coals!
4. How much money do you estimate you’ve spent on coffee across your lifetime?
Probably around $5,000.
5. You love cider, right? You’d better. What’s one of your favorite ciders (and it doesn’t have to be Slopeswell)?
6. Who’s a more annoying Duck: Daffy, Donald, or Scrooge Mc?
7. Do you have any hidden talents that not many people know about? Care to share?
I have an uncanny ability to impersonate the Grinch. Come visit me and maybe I’ll show you!
8. Tell us about a favorite non-profit you like to donate to, volunteer at, or just talk about incessantly.
My day job is working with the Raíces Cooperative Farm at The Next Door, Inc., a nonprofit here in The Gorge. Raices means “roots” in Spanish, and is a small land and resource sharing cooperative. The mission of Raíces is to provide access to land, nutritious local food, community, economic development opportunity, and sustainable agriculture education to the Latino community in Hood River. As manager of Raíces, I get to work with small farmers, learn about challenges our food system is facing, and work alongside them to find solutions.
9. How much cash do you have in your wallet right this second? And, can I borrow some?
$7. It would have been $7.53, but I gave the .53 cents to my nephew to distract him while we waited in line for brunch.
10. Why should people come visit you at Slopeswell?
I’d love to meet you! I’m new, still learning, and even though I’ve lived in Hood River for 6 years, I meet new people every day and I love it. Working in the food system has made me love and deeply appreciate sharing a drink and a meal with someone. I love talking about food, music, and adventures. Come share your thoughts with me!
[Series by Kristyn Fix, Slopeswell Operations Manager]